Improving acoustics in healthcare
Improving acoustics in healthcare
The healthcare and welfare sector stands for human health. Whether this is treatment in a hospital, nursing and care in a care home or treatment by a (para)medical practice.
One of the most influential environmental factors when it comes to human health is noise. With the acoustic solutions from Incatro you provide the much-needed rest that a person needs to become and remain healthy.
Request our free e-book " Acoustic solutions for the healthcare and welfare sector" now.
Benefits of the right acoustics in healthcare
Where rest, care and health are the main drivers, the benefits of a good acoustic environment speak for themselves:
- Better intelligibility
- Better speech privacy
- Less noise pollution from equipment
- A calm and safe environment
- Faster recovery
- Better night's sleep
- Less absenteeism among healthcare staff
- Less need for medicines
- Less overstimulation
- Less introspection, less passive behaviour
- Less self-doubt and depression related to communication problems in hearing loss
- More positive perception of care and healthcare staff
- More comfort
So good acoustics are good for both the patient and the care taker.
Customization for healthcare
To arrive at the right acoustic solution for your situation, we have to take a number of things into account, such as the specific space, the laws and regulations that may apply and the cause of the problem.
We make an inventory of these together with you.
1. In which room(s) do people experience the problems?
The areas within the healthcare and welfare sector with the most problems are the waiting room, the reception desk, the practice and consulting rooms, the corridors and stairwells and the general accommodation areas in (residential) care centres.
2. Which laws and regulations do we have to take into account?
In The Netherlands there are no specific rules or laws for acoustics in healthcare. Of course, healthcare institutions do have to deal with working conditions legislation and they must create a calm and safe environment for both the care provider and the care recipient. Germany, Belgium and Luxembourg have their own rules.
3. Where exactly is the problem?
Before we can give you an advice for your specific situation, we first conduct a thorough acoustic audit. We then offer you the solution that suits the wishes and requirements of the environment and the interior of the room. Hygiene and whether the space remains practical for the staff is also taken into account here. In this way we create the most suitable acoustic solution for your healthcare institution.
Would you like to know how you can improve the acoustics in your room(s)? Then make an appointment for an acoustic measurement.
The most recommended acoustic solutions for healthcare
The many care institutions and residential care locations that we have been able to unburden, have opted for:
- Acoustic wall solutions for healthcare
- Acoustic ceiling solutions for healthcare
- Acoustic photo panels for healthcare
- Acoustic privacy screens for waiting areas and reception desks
Project highlighted; Stepping Stones Villa Maria in Tilburg
Incatro sees an increase in the number of healthcare customers seeking improvement of the acoustics for their institution or practice space. So is Stepping Stones Villa Maria in Tilburg.
Villa Maria, located in the former Mariakerk in Tilburg, is a care villa for elderly people with dementia and offers a nice, dignified and loving place to live.
Incatro was called in to convert the church acoustics of this renovated church building into pleasant residential acoustics.
Why choose Incatro?
You can count on Incatro's 7 certainties:
- Experienced and reliable partner in acoustics
- High-quality product with a sleek design
- Highest absorption values in the market
- Made-to-measure with its own personal look
- Full guidance by our acoustics experts
- Production and assembly by our own experienced professionals
- 100% satisfaction guarantee after professional reverberation measurement
Our many customers from the care and welfare sector confirm it; Incatro is the specialist in acoustic solutions for healthcare.
Would you like to know which acoustic solution is the best in your situation? Then we would be happy to provide you with a tailor-made advice.